We host GYEF competitions to give our members an opportunity to apply their knowledge of various business/finance/economics theories while enhancing their knowledge of current events. This information can be gained through the weekly news updates, videos, and content curated by the GYEF Team.
In addition to the competition itself, it is a great opportunity for high school and college students to learn/engage with others, forge new friendships, and learn about the wider field of economics/finance/business beyond the classroom.
Winners of our GYEF competition also receive a monetary prize (small financial incentive) for being in the top place. All participants also receive a certificate of participation!
Want to attend our upcoming competitions? Please be sure to become a member today by filling out our member application in our "Get Involved" page.
Dreams Fund Scholarship: June 1, 2023
The Global Youth Economics Forum is excited to present our first ever scholarship grant open to current high school and college students. This grant package is designed to assist students in making their dream of attending college a reality. Recipients are picked on both a merit and need basis and will be awarded based on school achievements, leadership ability, and dedication to community service. Funds are to be spent solely on academic, artistic, or personal endeavors including but not limited to: conference expenses, technology fees, personal projects, school supplies, etc. The winner will receive further information about the grant disbursement process but it will most likely be a gift card, digital check, or prepaid card in the amount of $250 USD sent directly to the winner.
- High school or college student.
- Current College/Undergraduate Seniors for the 2022-2023 academic year are not eligible to apply. - Current or past GYEF executives are NOT eligible to apply.
Global Essay Writing Competition: August 31st 2022 - October 15th 2022
- Members are able to participate in a global essay writing competition giving students the opportunity to practice their application of economic theory, analysis, and written argumentation
- Winners will have their work published on our website (with the candidate’s consent), earning recognition for their efforts and substantiating their achievements in an international contest. Additionally, the first place will win a $50 monetary incentive and 2 runner-ups will receive honorary mentions on our website with links to their work.
- Competition Summary: (see submissions to their work in our blog linked here)
1st place - Saanvi Tripuramallu, Ireland, Rockford Manor, 6th year, 16 Years Old
2nd place - Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy, Vietnam, École Puginier High School, 11th Grade, 16 Years Old
3rd place - Oceana Zhu, USA, The Bronx High School of Science, 11th Grade, 16 Years Old
Second Annual Stock Market Competition: July 7th 2022 - August 15th 2022
- Members were able to participate in our second annual (virtual cash) stock market stimulation.
- Competition Summary:
1st place: Elvis Eziokwu, Loyola Jesuit College
2nd place: Fiona Zheng, Townsend Harris High School
3rd place: Carl Lu, Eleanor Roosevelt High School
Quiz Bowl - August 13, 2022
Members were able to participate in our first quiz bowl that tested students' knowledge of basic microeconomics, macroeconomics, financial literacy, and current news in the world of busIness, finance, and economics.
Camila Pierre, Manhattan Hunter Science High School
November 1st 2021 - January 10th 2022
Members were able to participate in our first annual (virtual cash) stock market stimulation.
1st place: Melvin Joseph, Milton Academy
2nd place: Allen Li, Stuyvesant High School
3rd place: Gavin Chi, Kingsway School